Effective Date: July 2, 2019
Wildfire Digital Limited (referred to as, “Incendium”, “DataFlare”, “we” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes Incendium’s privacy practices in relation to information and data we collect through the websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Domains”), through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices that link to this Privacy Notice (the “Apps”) and other services provided by us both online and offline; as well as through email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, including the Domains and the Apps, the “Sites”). “user” refers to a 3rd party site which uses our Services. “individual” refers to any individual who visits or otherwise uses the Sites or 3rd party sites belonging to our Users.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Incendium does not own or control, or to individuals that Incendium does not employ or manage. Nor does this Privacy Notice apply to information that we receive or handle on behalf of our subscribers in our role as a service provider, such as information that we receive through Incendium’s marketing automation software services or other Incendium or Wildfire Digital Limited services, including any apps we make available for use by services subscribers (collectively, the “Subscription Services”).
To discuss privacy with us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Fundamental Privacy Principals
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we collect through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim only to collect the minimum required data we need to operate our services.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share personal information.
What Information Does Incendium Collect?
We collect information in three ways: if and when it is provided to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a device from an IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Personal Data: “Personal Data” is information that, directly or indirectly, identifies you or another individual and which may include: name, gender, company name, job title, expertise, address, telephone number, email address, browser and device information. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Other Information: “Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently made anonymous and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Sites and Services and for other purposes described below.
How and Why We Use Information
- To provide Services to our Users;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example, by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with websites, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our User’s advertising, and better understand visitor retention and attrition — for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services and protect the security of our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our User’s websites and Incendium websites, provide content recommendations, target marketing messages to groups of our User’s visitors, and serve relevant advertisements to our User’s website visitors.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How Will Incendium Share Personal Data It Receives?
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Incendium, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
How Long Will Incendium Retain My Personal Data?
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Incendium does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Incendium’s website, with the drawback that certain features of Incendium’s website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
We request that you not send to us or disclose any sensitive Personal Data (for example social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or via other means.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Incendium may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The “Effective Date” legend at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Sites.